So what have I done so far? Well, here are some of the main tasks that I’ve completed:
- Set up vue vite as the build tool for faster development and better performance
- Refactored some of the components to use composition API and reactive state management
- Implemented authentication and authorization using JWT tokens and API Platform
Of course, there are still many things left to do, such as:
- Finish converting all the components to typescript and composition API
- Add more features and functionality to the forum such as notifications, polls, attachments, etc.
- Improve the UI/UX design and responsiveness
- Optimize the code quality and performance
- Write tests and documentation
I’m really excited about this project because I think it will make OneBB more modern, scalable and maintainable. I also hope that it will attract more users and developers who are interested in open source forum software. If you want to check out my work so far, you can visit my GitHub repository here: https://github.com/pankrok/onebb . You can also see a live demo here: https://onebb.org .
I would love to hear your feedback and suggestions on how I can improve this project. Feel free to leave a comment below or contact me via email or here in comment section. Thank you for reading this post and stay tuned for more updates!